The Revive Adserver project team have released version 3.1.0 of the free open source ad server software.
New features in Revive Adserver v3.1.0
This version of Revive Adserver has a number of new features and improvements:
- New: Blank impressions are now logged and reported, and used when assigning probabilities for contract campaigns. This means that zones can now be used without remnant campaigns, which was previously discouraged. Blank impressions are also counted in the “Global History” and “Website & Zones” statistic screens and separately displayed in the “Campaign distribution” tab for websites and zones.
- New: An experimental feature has been added that enables intentional over delivery of contract campaigns by a given percentage of impressions against the predicted “ideal”. This should help ensure that Contract campaigns always meet their contracted delivery by their end date.
- Improvements include:
- The “Contract (Exclusive)” campaign type has been re-named to “Override”, to make it easier to understand what the purpose of this campaign type is.
- The quick navigation drop down lists for advertisers/campaigns and websites is now sorted alphabetically, greatly improving usability of this feature.
The most important bug fixes are:
- A problem with time zones not being taken into account when running the zone allocation algorithm during maintenance was fixed. This resulted in under delivery if the account timezone had a positive offset from UTC, and potentially some overdelivery otherwise.
- An issue with the old banner image being deleted while still in use for delivery, when a banner image file was replaced, has been fixed.
This release also fixes 2 security vulnerabilities, which have been described in detail in the related Security advisory.
All Revive Adserver installations hosted by ReviveServers.com have already been patched to version 3.0.6, which includes these security fixes.